The website www.citysightseeingbrussel.be (hereinafter "the website") is owned by:
City Sightseeing Brussels
Address : Alfons Gossetlaan, 15, B - 1702 Groot-Bijgaarden
Phone: 02 / 466.11.11
Business number: VAT BE0477.671.529
1. Website disclaimer.
By accessing and using the website, the visitor, user or customer (hereinafter "user (s)") expressly agrees with the following:
Intellectual property rights
The contents of this site, including trademarks, logos, drawings, data, product- or company names, texts, images, etc. are protected by intellectual property rights and belong to City Sightseeing Brussels or third parties (including City Sightseeing Brussels partners) .
Limitation of Liability
The information on the website is of a general nature. The information is not adapted to personal or specific circumstances, and cann’t be regarded as a personal, professional or legal advice to the user.
City Sightseeing Brussels makes great efforts to ensure that the information provided is complete, accurate and updated. Despite these efforts, inaccuracies may occur in the information provided. If the information provided contains inaccuracies or if certain information on or through the website would not be available, City Sightseeing Brussels will make the necessary efforts to rectify this as quickly as possible.
If the user finds inaccuracies in the information provided through the site, the user can contact the administrator of the website: firstname.lastname@example.org
The content of the site (including links) may be modified at any time without notice. City Sightseeing Brussels does not warrant the proper functioning of the website and cann’t be held liable in any way for any malfunction or temporary inavailability of the website or for any form of direct or indirect damage that may arise from access to or use of the website.
City Sightseeing Brussels cann’t in any event be held liable, directly or indirectly, in any way whatsoever for damages, including and without limitation, all losses, interruptions, damages to programs or other data on the computer system, equipment, software or other of the user or third parties, caused by the use of this website, the use of information on this website or on any other website, in particular as a result of links or hyperlinks.
The website contains hyperlinks to websites or third-party pages, or may refer directly to it. Placing links to these websites or pages does not imply any implicit approval of its content. City Sightseeing Brussels explicitly declares that it has no control over the content or other features of these websites and cann’t be held liable for any content or its characteristics or for any other form of damage caused by its use.
City Sightseeing Brussels
- asks for personal information when using the website
- respects the privacy of all users of her website
- ensures that the personal information provided is treated confidentially
- uses the personal information obtained, reasonably necessary to meet user expectations, to achieve the commercial goals, if appropriated with City Sightseeing Brussels partners, to handle the orders as quickly and easily as possible and to provide users info.
In order to be able to make the order at City Sightseeing Brussels, use the website as comfortably as possible, further develop and improve the site, City Sightseeing Brussels processes and handles with the greatest caution.
- the personal data obtained
- the details relating to the orders
- the data relating to the use of the services
City Sightseeing Brussels makes every effort to ensure the accuracy, security and integrity of the data collected.
City Sightseeing Brussels will only use the information obtained as specified below with the explicit consent of the user.
Data on the use of the website and the feedback received from City Sightseeing Brussels website users will help City Sightseeing Brussels to further develop and improve the website.
If a user decides to write a review, he or she may choose to add the name or other personal information. City Sightseeing Brussels is curious about users' views, but reserves the right not to publish contributions that do not meet our standards or terms and conditions.
If a user responds to an action or contest, City Sightseeing Brussels asks the name, address and e-mail address of the participants. These data are used to perform the action, to announce the prize winner (s), to measure the response to the marketing activities of City Sightseeing Brussels and to continue marketing actions. By participating the users explicitly consent to City Sightseeing Brussels to use the personal information.
City Sightseeing Brussels protects the privacy of users in the following ways:
- City Sightseeing Brussels explicitly requests the voluntary consent of the user to use his personal information. The user explicitly agrees accordingly. Thus, City Sightseeing Brussels uses the personal information never without the user's permission.
- City Sightseeing Brussels does not sell data from users. Furthermore, personal information is never given, sold or made available to third parties except if these third parties must have access to these data because they are directly involved in the execution of the orders (e.g., the delivery services) or the promotions- actions-products of City Sightseeing Brussels and / or partners to be developed. The employees of City Sightseeing Brussels and third party third are required to respect the confidentiality of the data.
- City Sightseeing Brussels can inform the users of the website only about their own (and those of partners) offers-actions-products, for example by sending e-mails. If a user wishes to receive no mails anymore, the user can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the sign-up link at the bottom of a received e-mail or by sending an email to email@example.com. City Sightseeing Brussels will then immediately stop the user sending emails or sending newsletters.
- Security: When a user places an order at City Sightseeing Brussels, the personal information entered is stored in a non-public database on a secured server. The data is entered by users themselves on the designated pages on the website and transmitted encrypted over the internet so that they cann’t be changed.
City Sightseeing Brussels has taken all necessary measures that are reasonably possible with current technology to prevent loss, illegal use or changes to personal data, as well as to secure payments. City Sightseeing Brussels uses SSL (a secured server). In order to be able to make payments via SSL, there is no special software needed for the user.
City Sightseeing Brussels also pays attention to safety of the personal data in the future and follows the technological developments.
- Any user who makes an online order on the website and chooses online payment is asked to provide the bank or credit card number. This transaction is carried out by the certified payment service provider Igenico, which ensures a 100% secure transaction. The employees of City Sightseeing Brussels will not see your credit / debit card number.
- The pages on the website in which City Sightseeing Brussels requests personal information from users clearly indicate which fields need to be filled in and which are optional.
- What personal information is requested? City Sightseeing Brussels asks the following personal information:
o Name, address and telephone number
o e-mail address
o Payment information such as credit card or bank account numbers
- If a user also provided a phone number, City Sightseeing will only take contact by phone if this is necessary to inform a user about the orders or to answer questions specifically asked.
- City Sightseeing Brussels is not responsible for errors in user-specified data (address, billing information or other personal information), which prevents City Sightseeing Brussels from performing its obligations (such as providing or sending information). Where applicable, the user is responsible for the confidentiality of a received or used password that is linked to his / her usage profile. If a candidate is under the age of 18, the website can only be used if a parent or guardian agreed.
- A user has a legal right to access, to any correction and to removal of his personal data. Proof of identity (copy ID) allows a user to obtain with a written, dated and signed demand to Brussels City Sightseeing (firstname.lastname@example.org) a written notification of his personal data. If required, a user may ask to remove or correct the data that would be incorrect, incomplete or not pertinent.
- City Sightseeing Brussels can collect anonymous or aggregated data of a non-personal nature, such as browser type or IP address, the operating program used or the website's domain name via which the user came to the website or via which the website was left. This allows the website to be permanently optimized for users.
- Cookies: By using the website, the user agrees that City Sightseeing Brussels uses "cookies" on the hard drive of the computer or a mobile phone used to visit the website. A cookie is a text file that is placed by a server of a website in a user's computer or mobile phone when browsing the website. Cookies cann’t be used to identify people. A cookie can only identify a computer or mobile phone. A user can set his browser so that his computer or mobile phone does not receive cookies when browsing and ordering at City Sightseeing Brussels, that the user receives a warning when a cookie is installed or that the cookies are removed from the hard drive. This can be done through the browser settings (via the help function). As a consequence, some graphics may not appear correctly, or some applications may not be usable.
o 'First party cookies' are technical cookies used by the site visited and the purpose is to make the site process optimally. Example: Settings done by the user him or her self during previous visits to the site; or more: a pre-filled form with data that the user has made during previous visits.
o Third party cookies are cookies that are not from the City Sightseeing Brussels website itself, but from third parties, such as a marketing- or advertisement plugin. For example, cookies from Facebook or Google Analytics. For such cookies, the user must first give permission - this can be done via a bar at the bottom or top of the website, referring to this policy, which does not prevent further browsing on the website.
o Google Analytics: The website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service offered by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics also uses its own "cookies" to help the City Sightseeing Brussels website analyze how users use the site. The cookie generated information about the use of the website (including the IP address) is transferred to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google uses this information to track how users use a website, set up website activity reports for website operators and provide other services related to website activity and internet usage. Google may provide this information to third parties if Google is required to do so by law, or in so far as these third parties process information on behalf of Google. Google will not combine your IP address with other information about Google. Users can also refuse the use of these cookies by choosing the appropriate settings in their browsers. In that case, the user may not be able to access all of the features of the website. By using this website, the user authorizes the processing of the information by Google in the manner and for the purposes described above.
- Third-party websites: If a user of the City Sightseeing Brussels website clicks on a third-party website, the user leaves the website of City Sightseeing Brussels. Since City Sightseeing Brussels cann’t check the activities of third parties, including the protection of personal data, City Sightseeing Brussels is not responsible for the protection and can’t guaranty that third parties provide the same protection for personal data as City Sightseeing Brussels does. City Sightseeing Brussels can only remember users to pay the necessary attention to protect their personal information when clicking on third-party websites.
Applicable law and competent courts : Belgian law applies to this website. In the event of a dispute, only the courts of the district of Brussels are competent.