The website www.citysightseeingbrussel.be (hereinafter "the website") is owned by:
City Sightseeing Brussels
Address : Alfons Gossetlaan, 15, B - 1702 Groot-Bijgaarden
Phone: 02 / 466.11.11
Business number: VAT BE0477.671.529
By accessing and using the website, the visitor, user or customer (hereinafter "user (s)") expressly agrees with the following:
Intellectual property rights
The contents of this site, including trademarks, logos, drawings, data, product- or company names, texts, images, etc. are protected by intellectual property rights and belong to City Sightseeing Brussels or third parties (including City Sightseeing Brussels partners) .
Limitation of Liability
The information on the website is of a general nature. The information is not adapted to personal or specific circumstances, and cann’t be regarded as a personal, professional or legal advice to the user.
City Sightseeing Brussels makes great efforts to ensure that the information provided is complete, accurate and updated. Despite these efforts, inaccuracies may occur in the information provided. If the information provided contains inaccuracies or if certain information on or through the website would not be available, City Sightseeing Brussels will make the necessary efforts to rectify this as quickly as possible.
If the user finds inaccuracies in the information provided through the site, the user can contact the administrator of the website: firstname.lastname@example.org
The content of the site (including links) may be modified at any time without notice. City Sightseeing Brussels does not warrant the proper functioning of the website and cann’t be held liable in any way for any malfunction or temporary inavailability of the website or for any form of direct or indirect damage that may arise from access to or use of the website.
City Sightseeing Brussels cann’t in any event be held liable, directly or indirectly, in any way whatsoever for damages, including and without limitation, all losses, interruptions, damages to programs or other data on the computer system, equipment, software or other of the user or third parties, caused by the use of this website, the use of information on this website or on any other website, in particular as a result of links or hyperlinks.
The website contains hyperlinks to websites or third-party pages, or may refer directly to it. Placing links to these websites or pages does not imply any implicit approval of its content. City Sightseeing Brussels explicitly declares that it has no control over the content or other features of these websites and cann’t be held liable for any content or its characteristics or for any other form of damage caused by its use.
Any reference in this privacy declaration to City Sightseeing Brussels refers to Open Tours N.V., with registered office at 15 Alfons Gossetlaan – 1702 Dilbeek, registered under company number 0447.671.529.
If you make use of the services of City Sightseeing Brussels, you entrust Open Tours N.V. with your information. This privacy declaration is intended to shed light on the information collected by Open Tours N.V., why the company collects this information and what the company does with this information. Open Tours N.V. furthermore wants to inform you that she is always at your disposal if you want to make changes to the information kept by her.
This privacy declaration explains:
- what information is collected by Open Tours N.V.;
- how this information is used by the company;
- how you can make changes to your information;
- when this privacy declaration applies;
- how compliance with this privacy declaration is monitored and how complaints regarding this privacy declaration are addressed; and
- how changes to this privacy declaration are communicated.
1. What information is collected by Open Tours N.V.?
Your information is primarily collected to figure out basic information (such as your name, address and e-mail address) which the company needs in order to provide the services for which you rely on it.
You need to provide the company with your most important identification information in advance for most services offered by Brussels City Sightseeing. This information is stored in Open Tours N.V.'s databases.
However, Open Tours N.V. does not collect personal information with regard to sensitive categories, such as categories based on race, religion or sexual orientation.
2. How is this information used by Open Tours N.V.?
Open Tours N.V. attaches great importance to respect your privacy.
The information collected by Open Tours N.V. in the aforementioned manner is treated in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation or Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
Open Tours N.V. uses this information to provide services for which you rely on it.
Open Tours N.V. will ask for your consent before using information for purposes other than those set out in this privacy declaration. The company may use your information, such as your e-mail address, to keep you informed about changes in legislation as well as about other issues that may be relevant to you if Open Tours N.V. has your consent to do so. In addition, Open Tours N.V.may use your e-mail address to inform you about her services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
Open Tours N.V. processes your personal information on its servers. The company may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Open Tours N.V. does not share personal information with companies, organisations and individuals outside of the company unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With your consent
Open Tours N.V. may share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of the company when it has your consent to do so.
- With domain administrators
If one of the programmes of Open Tours N.V. is managed by a domain administrator, then this administrator will have access to your personal information (including your e-mail address and other data). This domain administrator may be able to:
- access or retain information stored as part of your profile;
- receive your information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- restrict your ability to delete or edit information.
- For legal reasons
Open Tours N.V. will share personal details with companies, organisations or individuals outside of the company if it has a belief in good faith that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- enforce applicable terms and conditions, including investigation of potential violations;
- detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud and security or technical issues;
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of the company, its clients or the public, as required or permitted by law.
Open Tours N.V. works hard to protect itself and its clients from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of information that it holds. In particular:
- Open Tours N.V. periodically and systematically reviews its information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems.
- Open Tours N.V. restricts access to personal information to its employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for the company. These people are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or their contract terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
3. How can you make changes to your information?
People have different privacy concerns. Open Tours N.V. aims to be clear about what information she collects, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. You can contact us by e-mail address email@example.com for example:
- to submit a request to change, consult or delete your information;
- to give or withdraw permission to use your personal information for promotional purposes, personal advertising or other (re)marketing purposes;
- to report a data leak.
If you indicate in the manner described above that you want to change, consult or delete your personal information, Open Tours N.V. shall strive to update, provide or delete this information quickly unless the company needs to keep this information for legitimate commercial or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, Open Tours N.V. may ask you to verify your identity before she can act on your request.
Open Tours N.V. may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Open Tours N.V. aims to maintain its databases in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction or disclosure. Because of this, after your data is deleted from its databases, the company may not immediately delete residual copies from its active servers and may not remove information from its backup systems.
4. When does this privacy declaration apply?
This privacy declaration applies to all services offered by City Sightseeing Brussels.
5. How is compliance with this privacy declaration monitored and how are complaints regarding this privacy declaration addressed?
Open Tours N.V. regularly reviews its compliance with its privacy declaration. When Open Tours N.V. receives formal written complaints, she will contact the person who made the complaint to discuss follow-up actions.
6. How are changes to this privacy declaration communicated?
This privacy declaration may change from time to time. Open Tours N.V. will post any privacy declaration changes on this page.
7. Discrepancy between versions
In case of discrepancy between the different languages versions of this Privacy declaration, the Dutch version shall prevail.